The smell of fresh-baked bread is a happy thought, and a bite of a slice spread with butter is even better.
Rye bread will do you good,
Barley bread will do you no harm,
Wheaten bread will sweeten your blood,
Oaten bread will strengthen your arm.
Fresh Baked Oat Bread
- 3 cups Flour
- Â¾ cups Oats instant or old fashioned
- 2Â¼ teaspoons Instant yeast
- 1Â½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- Â¼ cup Warm water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Â¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons honey warmed slightly
- 2 Tablespoons Old Fashioned Oats
- In your Kitchen Aid, Bosch or in a large mixing bowl combine the Oats, Flour, Yeast and Salt.
- Heat your milk and butter until melted. Allow to cool until warm. Then stir in the honey and water.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture until it comes together to form a dough. Knead by hand or with a dough hook on your mixer for 10 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place your dough in a oiled bowl. Cover and let rise until double in size (45 to 60 minutes).
- Shape into loaf and place it into a 9x5 loaf pan. Cover with a towel and allow to double.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add an empty pot or pan to the lower rack to heat up. Bring 2 cups water to a boil and add to pan.
- When your loaf is raised to double the size, heat up your honey and spread a layer over the top. Sprinkle with topping of oats.
- Bake in oven for 40-50 minutes until the bread is a nice dark golden brown.
- Remove from pan and cool completely before eating.
Freshly baked Honey oat bread sounds like a perfect weekend treat. Recipe from Karrie.