You have found a wonderful resource, if I don’t say so, myself. This post is dedicated to all cookie bakers, especially holiday cooks. Which in my book are the most discerning of culinary artists.
That sounds way too fancy, so let’s just say home cooks who like to serve their families the best possible dishes and treats. Because that is a culinary artist.
A list of great cookies
- Mamas Hungarian Cooking: Lemon Kossuth Cookies is a printable recipe for my Mother’s favorite Hungarian cookie. She was always baking them, and they are easy and delicious. Start out with this one for any time of year, any occasion.
- My First Choice Nut-filled Kifli is the best recipe for baking lots of these fantastic cookies. I consider them fine enough for Christmas… which is the top level of recipe. Good for family and company. Printable recipe.
- Cardamom Spice page has two easy-to-make printable recipes for cookies: Cardamom Spice Recipes to Warm your Heart
- Years ago, before all the plugins for making professional recipe pages, I put all my very best cookie and dessert recipes on the web. Eventually they will be updated on this site, but in the meantime, Find Cookies I, Cookies II, Cookies III and just print the pages.
- Printable Moravian Spice, My Gingerbread Cookie of Choice. I love their thin crispy molasses rich flavor.
- If you love Spice Cookies, this is your collection of recipes. Many kinds, including some unusual flavors (Chai, anyone?). The videos are very helpful and give great tips.
- Christmas Cookie Collection are some of my old recipes and some new.
Now, you have a great collection of recipes to start your holiday baking. What are you waiting for? Many of these pages include helpful tips to make sure your efforts are a success, and they are tested by years with my family, so I am pretty sure your family will love them, too.
Have fun with this part of the Christmas season. Fill your house with the smell of delicious cookies baking and coming fresh from your oven. It only takes a few sessions and one recipe at a time to make a really happy and festive atmosphere.
Yes, we have to watch our calories, but that is when we generously give away platters of homebaked goodies to grateful friends!