This is a simple Hungarian sidedish. My mother made it all the time when I was growing up. Later, I made it for my family. It dresses up the potatoes and goes very well with many of the typical Hungarian flavors.
Petrezselymes Krumpli, Parsleyed Potatoes
- 4 -6 medium potatoes
- 1/4 lb butter
- 3 stems fresh parsley snipped, or chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Boil potatoes,drain and peel
- Cut into large chunks and place in baking dish
- Pour melted butter over, salt, bake in 325° oven for one hour
- Just before serving sprinkle parley over evenly. Bake for 5 minutes or so to wilt parsley
An alternative method is after boiling the potatoes, transfer to skillet with butter and brown them. Add in the snipped parsley leaves and cook additional few minutes before serving.