After the humble pages were initially started on the original Reflecting Pool, they soon grew not only into multiple pages, but into entire sites.
To learn more about the story of how my online world has grown and multiplied, read the section below by clicking on the tab.
About this Site
If you could support my internet activities with Amazon purchases through the access from my pages I would appreciate it -I finally made enough to pay for the domain name here as an affiliate, but this could be supported further with help from visitors to the site. I have handpicked Amazon selections to check out. These are chosen to relate to the topics I center on within these pages.
Each year I have worked hard to renew the site… this year even more intensively. The Garden site, Ilona’s Garden is getting most of the work and attention.
The Garden Pages took on their own domain for some time now (since 2006) and are thriving. Most of my writing has been garden writing for a number of years.
The Childbirth section remains at it’s same url.
More for you, my dear visitors! I feel badly to have so neglected this site, but I am really tired of the annoying ad styles. .Not that I am complaining because Geocities was very good to me over the years with free and very stable hosting.
I think it is great to start out on, but my own domain has been long overdue. myreflectingpool.com -in case you forgot the name. Still in the works, but I am steadily improving it. So update your bookmarks, since I will link the garden site from here, but it has its own domain that you can bookmark, and the Christmas sites are on their own domain. It may be a month or two until everything has checked out.
I have moved Loving Christmas totally to its own domain, lovingchristmas.com. You might say I’ve been very busy working on all this! Yes, you certainly could say that. I’m very excited about the possibilities.
I am still changing many things. Ilona’s Garden Journal, the original blog which I started in order to make notes about my garden and to try out the “new” blogging platform.
The following page description are from the way the site took form originally, with “sections” of pages that covered the interests that I had begun with my original site. The opinions and advice on Childbirth and Gardening, Exercise and Snippets of poetry, Quotations and Jokes that I liked. Art, and then later, Holidays, Biblestudy, and Celtic culture.
Some came to their vanishing points, while other branched and grew.
For descriptions of the pages and sites that grew to become this site and the others, Loving Christmas, Ilona’s Garden, etc. click on the tab “Info Pages”.
Ilona's Reflecting Pool Info Pages
Info Pages :
- The gardening section of my site. Midwest garden, building a garden… butterfly garden, etc. [or you can visit the garden journal] My Old House Fixit blog moved to here, too.
- Childbirth section with many pages- managing pain, medical terms, labor stages…Things women need to know.
- Body Beautiful
- Motivation and useful advice for exercising and healthy lifestyle.
- inspiration for life and love, art, jokes, … for those who need a reflective interlude. Food for thought. This will move here at an unknown date
- Rose poems
- Now two pages of rose poetry, soon to be three
- Poetry about Mothers, Motherhood
- celebrating motherhood
- Loving Christmas
- The page celebrating everything Christmas: the recipes, decorations, the love.
- Christmas in Ohio
- The original Ohio Christmas page. It now holds the family traditions, Christmas links, and Ohio activities pages.
Cultures I enjoy :
- Celebrating Hungarian culture through a Mother’s Day Page. This page will be online, here, eventually
- A Hungarian name, what does it mean?
- I really like Celtic music, etc…. and this is a tribute section to those cultures, Irish, Scot, and Welsh.
My Opinions :
- ~ from me, on whatever struck my mind at the time, plus Bible Opinions inspired by my list discussions. This turned into a blog, TrueGrit. I reopened it recently, on its own domain. I am not updating it yet, but it has more than 1000 posts.
- Bible Study
- A small collection of Bible studies and verses, also linked to the Bible Opinions.